2020 Convention Guest Bands
- All materials – recordings, application and two recent programs must be submitted by June 1, 2019. Recordings and all supplemental materials will be uploaded here : Guest Band Application
- Recordings must include two selections with as much variety as possible to give the selection committee an idea of the flexibility of your ensemble. Please upload recordings in MP3 format. Label recordings prior to uploading as follows: Title_Composer_SchoolName
- Invitations to the state convention will be issued on or before July 1st, 2019. No invitation will be issued from any other associated group without the approval of the NBA Audition Committee.
- Selected groups will perform concerts of the following length (including announcements): Middle School/Junior High: 30 minutes
High School: 45 minutes
Adult Community/College/University: 60 minutes
- The performance slots for all performing groups at the NBA-WC convention will be limited to traditional concert bands and wind ensembles whose directors are members of the National Band Association. In addition to a concert performance, the appearance may be linked to a clinic presentation.
- Ensembles will be selected through blind peer review. The committee will select up to four (4) ensembles to perform at the conference in January.
- Selected groups should plan to provide printed programs for their performances.
- If you have questions, please contact Dr. John R. Stewart at (715) 836-4417 or email@example.com